• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rappelling gear (can’t find older ones)

bcsportsman

Im sure this has been asked multiple times sorry for the repeat.

I’m going to start one sticking and want to get proper rappelling gear. What type and size ropes? And which belay device(s)

Thanks in advance. Also if someone has some they want to sell message me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out eastern woods outdoors. DanO has everything you need. Its the off season so I would recommend trying a few different belay devices to find the one you like. You don't need much to have a very effective system. I would recommend a 9mm main line at the minimum because its more universal for different belay devices. Alot of guys go down to 8mm but there's less flexibility with different devices.

When I attempted 1 sticking I just pm'd DanO and asked him to piece together the ultimate 1 stick and belay kit. He made me a shopping cart with all the necessary components and it was awesome. Very nice guy and great customer service. Good luck!

I second a DanO recommend, he is honest in his dealings with me so far. He knows what I was needing, and even sent me to who had what I needed even when it was not him.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back