• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rappelling Method increases Sterling FCX sales 95%

BowhunterXC

After watching the video from NY Saddle Hunter, on YouTube, apparently I wasn't the only one. I called an ordered the Sterling FCX rappel device, one of the 2 devices they were demonstrating. The other one is the F4, which operates just the opposite of the Sterling FCX. Fire Penny is the website that I ordered from and they said that their sales have increased by 95% in the last month. o_O I was on their website, chatting with their salesman and he said the hunting related orders have exceeded anything that they could've anticipated. They are now in a back order situation, but are making calls to their suppliers and doing their best. :cool:

This is the video that I'm referring to:

Saddlehunter.com effect. Has happened with countless products over the years here. Obscure stuff that fits a need, real or imagined, and a large spike in Demand and subsequent shortage follows.

I myself contributed to this one, among others, picking up an F4, which so far I find quite effective, if a bit pricey.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I purchased one of the Sterling FCX rappelling devices and I'm returning it as soon as possible. :mad: Monday morning I'll be making a phone call to see about returning it and hopefully getting my money refunded.
I will not slide up the rope, while climbing without fighting with it. o_O My Ropeman1 works 10x better than this device.
Meanwhile, I just ordered a Petzl Mad Rock Safeguard, from Latitude Outdoors. :cool:

for some reason my first thought is rappelling just a little too fast, loosing control and hanging upside down with my feet hung up in the stand

Yea I went down a mobility scooter platform rabbit hole this morning, thinking they would be perfect for a dean torges seat. Only to discover that the saddlehunter effect permanently priced them out.

for some reason my first thought is rappelling just a little too fast, loosing control and hanging upside down with my feet hung up in the stand
If you have a chance to try rappelling, you'd change your thought process about it. :) Rappelling gets you down quicker than any other method, but it's not a rapid escape or emergency thing. You are in control of the decent and it's a smooth, quiet and controlled process. :cool:

Actually, if the platform bites into the tree on your decent, you'll stand up immediately. All you have to do is tilt the platform, again and continue with the decent down the tree.

Back