• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rating of Soft D Loops on NewTribe Saddle

justsomedude

I wrote to NewTribe asking about the rating on the soft loops that are used for Linesman's belt as I am interested in using them for temporary personal anchors while setting up as well as a backup tether while hunting and I got this response:

The soft side D loops on the Aero Hunter belt are built to life safety strength. If they are used together, where a lanyard or Lineman's belt is securely connected to both loops, it is safe to use them for primary support. You can run a bridge between them, and if all is properly tied in, you can hang safely. What is not safe is tying in to only one loop and putting a side load on the belt. Even a temporary tether should be connected to both loops.

Think of the safety structure as a circle that runs around your body, with the anchor attachment in front of you. Whether you're using the rope bridge on the rigging plates, or a rope bridge or lanyard on the D loops, your safety is complete when that circle is complete.

Sophia

Good to know since I used just the top belt last year with my bridge connected to the soft D's. Never had a single problem.

Well I have your answer to this. I called Newtribe 3weeks ago since i am switching to the sitdrag/RC harness setup. I found a harness that I liked and wanted to compare the ratings of their loops to that of Newtribes. Newtribe stated to me over the phone that the rating is 5000lbs due to the way they stitch the webbing. They stated that the stitching is done so as to not compromise the strength of their saddle. She did not elaborate on the type of stitching or material used but it was enough for me to make my decision. They make a strong durable product.

Back