• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

RC Harness for SRT

sweats

I climb SRT sometimes and I'm finding that I don't really care for shortening my bridge on my regular saddle and trying to lengthen it again at height. I'm thinking about getting a RC harness to use since it would eliminate that problem and the orientation of the belay loop would work a lot better for my grigri than a hunting saddle bridge anyway.

Yes, I know it's redundant with a commercial grade saddle. I tried the search function, but most of the comments and threads are from several years ago when many were using sit drags.

I was looking at the Madrock Orbit that DanO sells. It ticks a lot of the boxes with a belay loop and flat webbing. However, it looks like the leg buckles are plastic, which is probably not a big deal as the waist belt would hold you, but is still a consideration.

There's also the Petzl Pandion, which says it has steel buckles, but I would prefer the belay loop orientation over this.

There are also some Fusion harnesses that are similar in design to the Pandiom, but that have leg buckles which would make on and off easier.

Anyone have a recommendation for a rock climbing harness that they would like to share.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I run a RCH (because I live in Canada and cross border shipping.). I then use it and a fleece saddle at hunting height.

My advice is to not bother adding one if you have a commercial saddle and just look at modifying yours. For example you could create short bridge with a alpine butterfly loop in the middle to attach your grigri to while climbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back