• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rch vs. HSS harness

krub6b

SH Member
I'm looking into either getting a sit drag or making my own sling, haven't really decided which way to go yet. But regardless I will need a harness under it. I understand that a RCH is a more purpose built and minimalist but for a new saddle hunter on a budget, is there a safety reason to use a RCH over a HSS safety harness with built in linesman loops?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

here is a rock harness an a sling style saddle kike a sitdrag for 45 bucks just need ropes an you are hunting
92e0a4e0343ed5983ea4c351077a0cf2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

How would you be hooking up to the HSS at height? The HSS has that strap over your back, I guess you could loop that around your front and hook up to the tree, but it might get in your way when you move. With an RCH, you have your belay loop in the front to hook to either a 2nd prussik on your tether or a secondary tether.

Also, with an HSS if you do fall, you'll be hanging facing a way from the tree and you have to worry about suspension trauma (the leg loops cut off circulation to your legs b/c all you weight is kind of on your groin rather than more on your butt w/ an RCH).

But still better than just going with sit / drag and no harness which some guys do....

I have a camp blitz m-xl harness and a sit drag I would ship you for 45 dollars. You would have to come up with your own linesman’s loops and bridge/tether.

I’m assuming you are going to hook the linesman up like a second bridge? That’s how I have hunted with my sitdrag for years. Works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I was planning on adding a bridge to my harness through my existing linesman loops and using that as my secondary anchor point

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

Back