• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Reaction time

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
A lot of great examples of reaction time in this but the one at about the 6:00 mark is completely amazing. Next time a deer ducks your arrow keep this in mind. If we (humans) are capable of this then a deer can certainly get out of the way of an arrow in the 1/3 of a second it takes to get there. Example: 75ft (25yds) @ 270ft/sec = 0.27 seconds.

A lot of great examples of reaction time in this but the one at about the 6:00 mark is completely amazing. Next time a deer ducks your arrow keep this in mind. If we (humans) are capable of this then a deer can certainly get out of the way of an arrow in the 1/3 of a second it takes to get there. Example: 75ft (25yds) @ 270ft/sec = 0.27 seconds.

The Longoria one is fake unfortunately. It’s not to say it’s impossible but that example isn’t real. But to your point point yea the reaction times of deer are insane.

If you haven’t seen the video below I think you will enjoy.

Interesting insight about the head up posture vs head down. It sort of makes sense.

Last edited:
the MLB catch with the reporter was a tv ad and admitted to be trick photography (i think it was for razors or something)

i like the videos showing dad quick reflexes saving kids from falling, etc

Well shoot, thanks for ruining that for me.

Back