• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Reality (Safety) Check - Tether Question

tedk

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and saddle hunting. I purchased a Tacti-Saddle in the classifieds and I am really enjoying getting comfortable with it.

I just had a moment of concern and want to make sure I am ok. For a tether, I am using my linesman belt from my seat of the pants safety harness and a Ropeman 1. It seems to work great - I haven't had any problems. I've worked it, maneuvered it, sat in the saddle with all of my weight on it. No problems. Just want to make sure that there isn't any sort of safety problem with using my harness linesman belt as my saddle linesman belt. Will it serve the purpose for now? Or am I over looking some serious safety concern?

i see no problem there safe hunting buddy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I don't know what I don't know, you know? :) . . . so I just thought I would check in with the experienced folks. Much appreciated.

I don't think anyone can answer that question until you tell us what size rope it is and if its in the range of the ropeman 1

Its pretty thick . . . I know that I bought some 9mm recently for rope mods on my lone wolf stick and the diameter on my linesman belt is much larger. I will say that my caribiner is a very tight fit in getting it through the hole when the rope is in when I set it up. I think the diameter is large enough to be in the ropeman 1 zone. It is the typical type of linesman belt that comes with a summit/seat of the pants harness.

I've been using ropes from HSS safety harness. Seem to do fine. They're large diameter ropes just barely fitting ropeman1.

Those kind of ropes are typically decent for hanging. Hard to tell though not knowing definitively what kind of rope it is. If it is like the HSS safety line, it's decent and will work with a Ropeman and a proper carabiner. Those ropes don't last long, but will get you started.

A picture would help.

Back