• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Realtree leather saddle

BRUSHPILE

I have an older realtree trophyline I was thinking of customizing. I thought I might cut the original bridge and put buckle on so that I can clamp it together like the mantis and kestrel. Also splice a bridge between the lineman loops. Possibly cut the leg straps and add buckles or get rid of them all together. Has anyone done this before that can give me insight?
Thanks in advance and letting me be part of this great forum

I have an older realtree trophyline I was thinking of customizing. I thought I might cut the original bridge and put buckle on so that I can clamp it together like the mantis and kestrel. Also splice a bridge between the lineman loops. Possibly cut the leg straps and add buckles or get rid of them all together. Has anyone done this before that can give me insight?
Thanks in advance and letting me be part of this great forum
Pretty normal TL mods are exactly as you described. Cutting the leg loops, and adding a bridge from the lineman's loop. Adding a buckle at the waist would work too, same idea as the ability to cinch bit likenit does currently, but with less bulk.

Like @Vtbow said, pretty common mods. I personally like the fixed bridge length. The leg straps I do not see completely necessary either. But i keep mine on. Good luck and enjoy the process

Back