• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Recommend me a good mid season pant

HeavyD

I'm looking for a mid season pant that is wind/water resistant and quite with cargo or side pockets. I'm taking about high 30s to about 50s. I can wear a merino base with them as well. Doesn't have to be camo. Staying around $100 or less would be ideal. Thanks

I'm looking for a mid season pant that is wind/water resistant and quite with cargo or side pockets. I'm taking about high 30s to about 50s. I can wear a merino base with them as well. Doesn't have to be camo. Staying around $100 or less would be ideal. Thanks

Do you sit on arse most of the time or walk most of the time?

Man I wanted to say first lite catalyst, but holy crap the price jumped.

I used to wear underarmour sweatpants type hunting pants. They would last about a season, but were comfy and warm enough with a base layer they only cost like $80.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Go check academy for the Magellan soft shell stuff. I found a pant and jacket that matches and are perfect for like 40 degree weather. Got them on sale for like $25 each.

Go check academy for the Magellan soft shell stuff. I found a pant and jacket that matches and are perfect for like 40 degree weather. Got them on sale for like $25 each.
Theres no academys out this way, but those pants might work. Do you layer up underneath? There should be some sales going on soon.

The scent lok stuff is nice and if you sign up for emails they always have sales. Aside from the scent control working or not they make nice stuff.

This is one of those marketing things that drives me bananas. If you see something advertised as a "pant" and not "pants" hold onto your wallet because things are about to get ugly. :)

I like vertx PANTS some are offered in good camo patterns, but you have to sign up for their email nonsense and wait for a good sale.

Scentlok, I’d go with vapor for what you want. It’s basically the fore front which is their full season line, but with the added wind/water membrane. AND they’re on sale right now for $95 bux

I mainly wear the scenlok full season pant for anything under 60 degrees. I can wear my UA cold gear leggings and the full season pants and be warm down to about 35 degrees. If its below that or windy I will throw on my rain gear bibs and be good down to about 25 degrees. I found that putting the rain bibs on makes a huge difference since they hold heat and block wind. If its real cold then I break out my old cabelas bowhunter bibs that are basically rain bibs with cargo pockets and a thick removable fleece liner. I absolutely loved those bibs for many years. Now they aren't as waterproof as they used to be in the legs from all of the brush/briars they have been through over the years. A 2-in-1 bib like that was an awesome concept and I would buy another pair in a heartbeat if they came back on the market. The other major benefit was that they came in a tall size and being 6' 4" that was a huge plus.
I will concur that watching the scentlok site for deals can get you some quality garments at very reasonable prices. They will probably run some good sales around thanksgiving if they follow their past trends. I have picked up the full season pants for $75 that way in the past.

[QUOTE="thelefty41, post: 453708, member: 1 The other major benefit was that they came in a tall size and being 6' 4" that was a huge plus.[/QUOTE]
another reason I wear scentlok, they have tall sizes

The scent lok stuff is nice and if you sign up for emails they always have sales. Aside from the scent control working or not they make nice stuff.

This. I was highly impressed with Scentloks heavyweight baselayers. Those things are seriously warm. I can’t wear the top on the walk in or climb up the tree or it causes me to sweat like no other. I can only imagine how well their other gear is made.

Back