• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Recommended heads for Swan hunting?

Recurveaholic

Me and my twin boys have swan permits and I would like to take one with the recurve any suggestions?

Shoot them in the head just like a turkey. No trailing or loss. You could also use a turkey head made for that purpose.

The magnus bullhead or gobbler guillotine would work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting them in the head would be kinda hard cause we shoot them in the air! Would the gobbler guillotine penetrate the body?

Shooting them in the head would be kinda hard cause we shoot them in the air! Would the gobbler guillotine penetrate the body?

Doubt it

It’s made for chopping off heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birds with a bow are hard enough standing. Not sure I'd be trying it if they are flying. Seems like a good way to see a swan on the news with an arrow in it. Would be fun trying though. They are mean, maybe try stalking them.

Birds with a bow are hard enough standing. Not sure I'd be trying it if they are flying. Seems like a good way to see a swan on the news with an arrow in it. Would be fun trying though. They are mean, maybe try stalking them.
Me and my family have been swan and waterfowl hunting all our lives and there have been times we have had to chase them across many cuts to retrieve them! We are firm believers in if you injure an animal you do whatever it takes to keep them from suffering! That being said things do happen that are uncontrollable but we take every precaution we can to make favorable outcomes the norm! I have my father and twin sons right there with me standing by with shotguns just in case so there won't be any swans on the news with arrows in them! As hunters we owe it to the animals we pursue to make sure everything is exactly how things should be to make the best outcome the only outcome, at least everything we can control anyway! Keep shooting straight!

Back