• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

@recurvaholic

Blinginpse

Was it you that i was giving the rope to? If it was another 1 of you please tell me. I just found it and realized I totally forgot it
@Recurveaholic

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yes sir anytime. Cattle is cheap and milk is cheap sir. But making do. Have 10 beeves sold to local friends and family to help save them money and make me their worth too being big fat cattle aren't bring squat on hoof.

Well it is good you can help locals and get better pay that way! I sincerely wish I could buy straight from a farmer because yall are getting shafted by the big corporations! If you add up the meat in the grocery stores and figure the price yall get for them the corps are making money hand over fist it is ridiculous!!!!!

Well it is good you can help locals and get better pay that way! I sincerely wish I could buy straight from a farmer because yall are getting shafted by the big corporations! If you add up the meat in the grocery stores and figure the price yall get for them the corps are making money hand over fist it is ridiculous!!!!!
You are exactly right sir. If was anyway could plan ahead for you I could fatten you a beef up and kill it and get it to ya some how. May require some driving but could be done

You are exactly right sir. If was anyway could plan ahead for you I could fatten you a beef up and kill it and get it to ya some how. May require some driving but could be done

We might have to work something out I am sick of fattening the pockets of people who don't do sh@# but sit on their butts and take our money!!!

We might have to work something out I am sick of fattening the pockets of people who don't do sh@# but sit on their butts and take our money!!!
Thats allllll their doing too. Decide your interested holler and give me some time to make sure I get them where they need to be to make good meals sir. Need them on good feed about 75-90 days

Thats allllll their doing too. Decide your interested holler and give me some time to make sure I get them where they need to be to make good meals sir. Need them on good feed about 75-90 days

Sounds good brother. Thanks again!!!

Shocking - eye opening - sad - scary !!!! Dang man, that is crazy. I knew the state of things in farming was tough, but didn't realize the full extent, how could I. The question isn't " where's the beef", the question should be, "where's the beef from". Insert there the meat of your choice, but we have to start asking the question. I don't want buy a good steak at a good price and not know if that steak came from china, fed polluted grains because they can do it cheaper because they don't have regulations in place to ensure the quality and safety of the product. Then the industry giants want to hide the fact that they are importing cheaper low quality meat and selling it at higher profit margins to line their pockets. I call that fraud. I agree that every piece of consumable meat should at the very least be labeled with the country of origin. I don't want my steak from BEEFMART I want U.S. grown and regulated steak. I believe it's my right to know! BUY LOCAL!!! and eat more venison. How the hell is the USDA headed by a Purdue ?

Last edited:
Shocking - eye opening - sad - scary !!!! Dang man, that is crazy. I knew the state of things in farming was tough, but didn't realize the full extent, how could I. The question isn't " where's the beef", the question should be, "where's the beef from". Insert there the meat of your choice, but we have to start asking the question. I don't want buy a good steak at a good price and not know if that steak came from china, fed polluted grains because they can do it cheaper because they don't have regulations in place to ensure the quality and safety of the product. Then the industry giants want to hide the fact that they are importing cheaper low quality meat and selling it at higher profit margins to line their pockets. I call that fraud. I agree that every piece of consumable meat should at the very least be labeled with the country of origin. I don't want my steak from BEEFMART I want U.S. grown and regulated steak. I believe it's my right to know! BUY LOCAL!!! and eat more venison. How the hell is the USDA headed by a Purdue !
Dude folks don't even know. Packers with all this covid I think is at a 600% profit rate last i seen. Its a true F ya buddy system right now. That's why farmers are pushing sonar for DOJ to investigate them. Problem is govt is gettin these kick backs i believe to let.this go on and "not find anything". Granted thats purely speculation on my part but living it all my life its not hard to see how blinded public is

Dude folks don't even know. Packers with all this covid I think is at a 600% profit rate last i seen. Its a true F ya buddy system right now. That's why farmers are pushing sonar for DOJ to investigate them. Problem is govt is gettin these kick backs i believe to let.this go on and "not find anything". Granted thats purely speculation on my part but living it all my life its not hard to see how blinded public is

Amen brother!!

Look up the Chinese fish in the Nigerian markets.....or plastic fish on utube
Even the US beef is fed with Monsanto corn...I wish I could be self sufficient and not be subject to the poison but I'd say its 100 percent impossible working a full time job and not being zoned for livestock. I've kept chickens in the past but got out of the habit with my kids taking up so much time.....I've been thinking of getting some birds again.

Amen to all the above. I buy local whenever I can, fortunately I'm at the edge of the burbs and butt up against farmland so I've got fresh local grown veggies and meat available. Last year hunting partner and I had to put down a heffer for a rancher friend of ours, he graciously gave each of us an entire hind quarter. That kept me in beef for quite awhile. I often wish we could go back to local markets

Back