• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Reebok pumps (no sew method to alleviate hip pinch?)

Jtaylor

SH Member
I have an idea to add air bladders at pressure points in a saddle. Has this been done before? Pros/cons? I have an air seat on the passenger seat of my Harley for the wife and they're super durable and comfortable just trying to figure out how to incorporate into a saddle. Thanks!

I have an idea to add air bladders at pressure points in a saddle. Has this been done before? Pros/cons? I have an air seat on the passenger seat of my Harley for the wife and they're super durable and comfortable just trying to figure out how to incorporate into a saddle. Thanks!
Interesting idea. MAybe start with something like a thermarest pillow?

Thanks guys! I have a Kestrel clone I'm working on from an old thread here and I wanted to incorporate something into the hip/seat portion for hip pinch and hot spots. I think with some strategically placed pockets and a velcro closure at least one of these pads will work.

So I found an inflatable camp pillow that fits my sit drag perfectly and even has round areas at the dreaded "hip pinch" locations. It can be attached if your saddle has molle loops via straps, shock cord, velcro, buttons, etc. The fabric is a tad noisy so I'll be working on a fleece cinch bag to put it in before attaching to the sit drag. I think it'll be nice in the winter too for added insulation. The air can be adjusted in the bladder almost infinitely. Here's the link on Amazon if interested: https://www.amazon.com/Klymit-Inflatable-Travel-Pillow-Cushion/dp/B07VZZD7WJ

20200722_210211.jpg20200722_210259.jpg20200722_210334.jpg

Back