• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Reflective markings?

DannyAttacksTheMountain

Just curious if there’s a such thing as a marker to use on climbing sticks, aiders, etc that would reflect in the dark when shined with a headlamp or if I’ve just got one hell of an imagination.

Thanks all,
DATM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to put small pieces of glow in the dark tape on mine. I’ve used the duct tape brand before. When it comes off I just replace it. I’m sure that there are better options available.

I like to put small pieces of glow in the dark tape on mine. I’ve used the duct tape brand before. When it comes off I just replace it. I’m sure that there are better options available.

I’ve always liked duct tape. You could almost make a boat out of the stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reflective tape. Use it on my arrows too. Tape push pins with it and use as trail markers. No one will notice them in the day time and see your trail or good for a tough night time blood trail. Shine the light back and you can see the trail you just followed to give you an idea the direction of the next blood.

Reflective tape. Use it on my arrows too. Tape push pins with it and use as trail markers. No one will notice them in the day time and see your trail or good for a tough night time blood trail. Shine the light back and you can see the trail you just followed to give you an idea the direction of the next blood.
Where are you getting this? I use to get it from law enforcement supply store but I can't find it there any more. I like the reflective tape on arrows. Easy to find your arrow at night after you took the shot.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

eBay you can get the highly reflective coast guard stuff. It awesome. Just a little piece and you can see it from far. Walmart has silver and red that you would stick on a trailer and such in automotive section but it’s not like that coast guard rated stuff!

Last edited:
I just use the cheap stuff from Walmart or from an auto parts store. For my intended purposes it is as good as anything out there.
I like to put two small strips on my pack, a small piece or two on my bow haul line, and two small strips on a rope that I use to haul my bow into the tree.
Just dangle the shiny hook until it goes in between the two reflective strips on your pack and lift it up.
bow haul rope.jpg pack with reflective tape.jpg 20171208_112906.jpg

Back