• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

refreshing

dougell

Nov 21, 2019
I've spent a bunch of money on saddle gear over the past couple of years as innovations change and I've never seen so many manufactures work together and be so willing to adapt to the needs of customers.I've yet to see someone bash another's product line.I bought JX3 a few months ago and they got one out to me very fast,considering how many people are on their waiting list.Last week I spoke to treehopper about getting a few more steps and we talked about his recon saddle.I'm obsessed with my JX3 after using other saddles for 10 years but he sent me a recon to try.I got it today and after work,I'll give it a whirl up in a tree.Just looking it over,I'm pretty sure it will have a place in my tool box,although I can't see ever not needing a Jx3.Today,I called OAL to see if they could make a scout that had a flat platform rather than an angled one to better use with a JX3 and possibly be able to do a drop shot on my weak side.He make one and just called me a little while ago to say it shipped out.Just cool to see it all

Westdesign03

SH Member
Nov 3, 2019
Ohio
I've spent a bunch of money on saddle gear over the past couple of years as innovations change and I've never seen so many manufactures work together and be so willing to adapt to the needs of customers.I've yet to see someone bash another's product line.I bought JX3 a few months ago and they got one out to me very fast,considering how many people are on their waiting list.Last week I spoke to treehopper about getting a few more steps and we talked about his recon saddle.I'm obsessed with my JX3 after using other saddles for 10 years but he sent me a recon to try.I got it today and after work,I'll give it a whirl up in a tree.Just looking it over,I'm pretty sure it will have a place in my tool box,although I can't see ever not needing a Jx3.Today,I called OAL to see if they could make a scout that had a flat platform rather than an angled one to better use with a JX3 and possibly be able to do a drop shot on my weak side.He make one and just called me a little while ago to say it shipped out.Just cool to see it all

I agree that is very cool to see. I’ve only owned a few products from the companies that hang around our world here and I have to say, regardless how you might feel about them, you can see they are all top quality and the passion they put into the products is clearly evident. Over the last 2 years I made the decision to convert nearly all of my main hunting equipment to products made by smaller 1+ person companies like H2, OOAL, and others. Even if you have to wait 3-6 months in a few cases for your product, in the end it’s worth it in my mind. For me these kinds of products from these guys (not Chinese big box store crap... ok not all of it is crap but you know what I mean) is a big part of what makes the whole hunting experience what it is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dougell

JFin15

SH Member
Nov 1, 2019
Central AL
Great post. That is awesome to hear about the platform AND in what other industry would a retailer send you a product to test like that?? I too was amazed at the willingness to share knowledge and cater (if you will) to one another once joining this forum. A lot of the sales world could learn some very valuable lessons by some of the vendors in our life.. Now if we could find someone to engineer us a cam cleat small and strong enough to fit a 5/8" shikar stick!

Reactions: dougell