• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Relocation to GA

Semper_Fi13

Relocating South of Savannah GA, is there any good public land to hunt. Im also a Vet so I guess a base like ft Stewart would work also. I am pretty much strictly a archery hunter. I am transferring down there March 1 and looking for some areas to hunt. Also if any one is looking for any deer mineral, I own a deer mineral company that I started last year and it has really taken off here in NC. I cant keep it in the couple stores where I sell it. Thanks of all the info and help.
Seth

A veteran near Florida Georgia had lots of opportunity.... Not sure in GA but in FL your veteran status means your not required to have a quota to hunt public...

You’ll still need a quota permit for any quota hunts. Ft Stewart is open to everyone. There’s a lot of public land in that portion of the state. It’s more the land of opportunity instead of land of giants.

You’ll still need a quota permit for any quota hunts. Ft Stewart is open to everyone. There’s a lot of public land in that portion of the state. It’s more the land of opportunity instead of land of giants.
Im looking at moving somewhere between Jeusp and Savannah or Savanna and Brunswick.

There is an interactive map. The state has made a big effort the last couple decades to buy up land on the coastal river systems. Each wma has its own seasons and regulations. There is a lot of land that is part of the Savannah NWR that is not on this map. Water access will be your friend in that area of the state. As will bug dope. There have been a few really nice deer come out of that area in recent years but for most of that area 100-110” bucks are trophy’s.

There is an interactive map. The state has made a big effort the last couple decades to buy up land on the coastal river systems. Each wma has its own seasons and regulations. There is a lot of land that is part of the Savannah NWR that is not on this map. Water access will be your friend in that area of the state. As will bug dope. There have been a few really nice deer come out of that area in recent years but for most of that area 100-110” bucks are trophy’s.
Wow that some small deer lol. What is bug dope, im guessing bug spray lol.

Thank you for the info

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Back