• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Removing the waist belt on the evolution using just the bottom and back sling

rnomad

Has anyone ever removed the 2.5 lb waste belt that does nothing. Just sat in the seat with the back strap.

Whats your worry? Its your gear if you wanna change it up go for it.

I have neither of the new hunting saddles, but it seems to me that the belt would be part of the rating and safety of the saddle.

That's one question I have had lately. I have and use a regular Hunters Safety System ultraflex. I like it. it had linemans loops and the fancy/rated buckles. I've been considering using it in lieu of RCH but it doesn't have a heavy belt. It does have a rated buckle but it's a bit above waist line.

one of the reasons for this thought is 1 piece of equipment. going to attach buckles on top of shoulder straps to attach climber to the shoulder straps. Wear it just like a day pack, attach leg straps upon arrival and use a bridge with tether for climbing. The normal behind the back tether will be used as backup if I need to bypass a limb or some other maneuver requiring bridge/tether disconnect. Backpack, climbing harness, saddle.

Use a sitdrag for a seat attached at same bridge thru the linemans loops. It's just a little bit shorter than the harness is so it should relieve pressure from harness, but harness is still connected for safety.

Back