• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Replacement straps for predator pack.

Sullikd

Does anybody have pics of upgraded straps on their packs and how they attached them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9171d0519455785e2aefe586fe6e9880.jpg

Amazon straps.

From a recent Tethrd FB post by Carl:

"Okay, so The Hunting Public dropped part 1 of HOW TO HUNT FROM A TREE SADDLE
with Greg and Ernie. Since then there has been a lot of questions regarding the shoulder straps on the Predator Pack Ernie was wearing. As Ernie mentioned, they are somewhat of a DIY project, true to the roots of all things saddle hunting. This is a cool little project to tackle if you feel so inclined.

Your Predator Pack is going to come with the minimalist shoulder straps, so you’ll already have most of the parts you need (1” webbing and three bar sliders).

You will obviously need a pair of padded shoulder straps. We have used the Xray shoulder straps from Kifaru, coyote brown, (for the E&E) on two of the Predator Packs and they are fantastic. https://store.kifaru.net/mobile/shoulder-straps-p121.aspx

These are what Ernie has on his in the video, but you can use any old backpack straps you might have lying around to save a little money.

If you choose the Kifaru straps you will have to remove the 2” webbing and 2” three bar slider from the tops of each strap. It’s easy with a stitch popper or a sharp razor blade, just take your time.

You will need access to a sewing machine for the final step, which is sewing on a section of the 1” webbing with the 1” three bar slider. You will want to have about a 1-1/2” long finished loop above the top of each strap. This makes it easier to attach and remove from the pack. In the pics below I used approximately a 10” piece of 1” webbing for each strap. This allows a fold over for additional strength and to hide the cut end of the strap.

Since you already have the stock straps, simply cut the top 5” off of each strap leaving the three bar sliders intact. Fold 1” under leaving 4”exposed. Position so the center of the three bar slider is 1-1/2” above the strap as mentioned earlier. Stitch into place and you are done. Re-use the bottom portions of your stock straps on the new padded straps.

Tethrd will eventually be offering a production version of these as a strap upgrade for your Predator Pack. Until then this is a pretty easy DIY mod. Hopefully this is all clear as mud!! Have fun!!

Carl"

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
70a071e20dcbcbe204f89e42a700fc21.jpg

Last edited:
Did you have to mod those at all?

It’s my buddies pack. I talked to him today and he said they fit without having to sew anything. I just ordered the pack and straps today.

I used some old Alice Pack straps I had laying around and they work, no sewing involved and quick to remove.

You have a link to those straps? Like those. They look low profile.

No sir, they came off of a tactical pack that I had laying around. I was able to weave it in without cutting the factory Tethrd straps. Good luck buddy!

How is the bottom part of these straps attached given the wider webbing?

It’s my buddies pack not sure how he arranged them. I ordered the same thing and plan to cut the factory part off the back pack strap and run it through the buckle.
6519ae95f69fde6ec29a9866c5b22410.jpg

Got my amazon order today so I set things up... it may change BUT I am pretty pleased with how it looks and feels. The straps on the bottom hold my beast sticks really well. They move very little, I was worried they would swing and smack my ass... they dont. I was also worried that mounting them sideways would be too wide and catch on lots of things while hiking. They do not seem to protrude much past me, so I am too wide! I put the off set brackets facing down as they are really sharp, I did not want them to dig into my back. The shoulder straps are NOT ideal but they work. The top has a 1 inch web which attaches well to the predator pack and I used part of the predator strap through the 2 inch buckle on the bottom. It fits very well, and feels very good. MUCH lighter than my previous pack option and I am confident for early season, this will do perfectly. I;ll consider ditching a stick and getting a longer aisder but I have not found aiders that i like to use at this point.... hence the 4 sticks and a one step aider.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.27.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.26.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.26.03 PM.png

Last edited:
Back