• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

retractable bow rope

ramjet

I'm wanting to get a retractable bow rope. Someone had mentioned a certain one on a thread that I liked but can't remember the brand.

Doyle's Hoist is what I use. Works great. Little heavy but clipped on the saddle it saves me a ton of hassle.

That is the same brand "Doyles" that I've been using too. First the rope one, then the strap. I really like the strap, a lot.

I've been using parachute chord in a figure 8, so it comes out as it's pulled on (basically like the system above)... works well for me.

Those Doyle's look pretty sweet though!!

I've been using parachute chord in a figure 8, so it comes out as it's pulled on (basically like the system above)... works well for me.

Those Doyle's look pretty sweet though!!

I've used paracord in a figure 8 several times and it works fine and is cheap. I did have a few hunts where it got hung up in brush and limbs and one hunt I had to climb down to get it free so I could pull my bow up. The constant tension on the Doyle's eliminates that so it's worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doyle's Hoist is what I use. Works great. Little heavy but clipped on the saddle it saves me a ton of hassle.
I agree it is a great hoist. The only negative is the weight. It is not light and for those that count the ounces they may not like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I just bought one from Hunters Safety Systems. It's called the gear hoist. I got it because it is actually pretty small. It can fit in any pocket when not in use.

a1fb3db41f3883892d8b83df6de4a499.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree it is a great hoist. The only negative is the weight. It is not light and for those that count the ounces they may not like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Agreed. If it was half the size and weight it would be perfect.

I just bought one from Hunters Safety Systems. It's called the gear hoist. I got it because it is actually pretty small. It can fit in any pocket when not in use.

a1fb3db41f3883892d8b83df6de4a499.jpg

Can you show a picture of that next to something of known size, like a dollar or something? I'm tempted but would like to see what size it truly is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't have it on me but what sold me is the video on YouTube where they are introducing it at a trade show. You can see how small it is in the guys hand.

I've used paracord in a figure 8 several times and it works fine and is cheap. I did have a few hunts where it got hung up in brush and limbs and one hunt I had to climb down to get it free so I could pull my bow up. The constant tension on the Doyle's eliminates that so it's worth it to me.

I know what you mean. I've climbed a couple times only to realize my rope has hooked onto my lw sticks somewhere, and I'm fishing the rope left/right/left to undo whatever the rope had done!!

Back