• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rick young/ maxpedition bolt carrier

lungpuncher1

Just thought I’d share what I’ve settled on for my bolt carrier after going back and forth on ideas for months.

I bought a maxpedition edc bag on amazon for $20

Used an existing Rick young ultralight bino harness and made what I think is almost perfect for me. It holds more bolts than I need and my hand drill.

Weight is right at 4lbs total with my hand drill, 17 bolts and the harness attached

f7887d3520ed741d54a262f04760209e.jpg

495c440155acc511d6b8ebc7b090206b.jpg

Last edited:
Did it come with the straps on the inside for holding the bolts or did you put them on?

I like this! I just ordered one.

I’ve been running a vortex bino harness with sewn in rifle round holders to hold my bolts and drill and it has been great but it’s bulky and has been falling apart (a lot of speedy stitcher repairs).

I think I’m gonna try your pouch attached to one of DanOs drop leg holsters. I wear a Kuiu bino chest rig 90% of the time so I think this will work out way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circling back on this, how is the sound when inserting and removing bolts from this pouch? My problem with several other pouches I've tried is the threads rubbing against the hard fabric of the pouch is pretty noisy, which is a disqualifier for me. I may end up needing a custom fleece pouch or something, but I'm curious to hear more about your experience.

Back