• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge Runner amsteel/buckless strap method?

Bwhana

SH Member
Has anyone tried or come up with a way to tie an amsteel rope or the buckless strap method for their Ridge Runner? Not a daisy chain, just a simple 1/4" with locked brummel loop used on sticks. Rainy day has me wondering, but I can't experiment until it clears on Friday.

I haven’t tried this platform yet, but perhaps an Amsteel whoopie sling? Not sure if it will get right enough but a thought

Sorry, I should have said no whoopie sling along with daisy chains. I have tried both many times in different applications and they always make me go back to what I was using before. I get that people like them, they are just not for me.

A whoopie sling might fit the bill. Wish I would of thought of this when I had one handy. Never had any trouble using one on my platform. With this having a button on each side it might work best.

Going to have to fool around with what I have at hand and see what works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although I had less than stellar results with whoopies in the past, if anyone tries and it works well, I am open to another try. Never say never with this site!

So I read some more threads and found a gem in one. I tried an amsteel 7/64 daisy chain yet again today and did what they recommended, pulling the platform down first to make the rope tight before camming over, not up like a WE step. Worked every time in practice, so I took it with me to the tree this evening and it was the most rock solid platform experience for me so far.

So I read some more threads and found a gem in one. I tried an amsteel 7/64 daisy chain yet again today and did what they recommended, pulling the platform down first to make the rope tight before camming over, not up like a WE step. Worked every time in practice, so I took it with me to the tree this evening and it was the most rock solid platform experience for me so far.

Where can I find details on this. I am not even sure what they mean by a daisy chain?
I just have trouble picturing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use a versa strap they work great. I figured out how to use them with it a while back and never used the stock strap. All you have to do is get it on the tightest slot possible. It will be very loose still at this point. But then shove the entire platform down and cam it into the tree. It will be super tight. Once your standing on it you won't be able to move it

I also found that you want it pulled down tight enough that when you release weight, the front rises up some. When it does that, it locks down better to the tree when you stand on it and will not move at all.

Back