• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge Runner Mod

LarryB52

I'm sure this has been discussed but I'm having no luck in searching. Guys with the Ridge Runners..What are you using to replace the original strap and buckle?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I am still using the original strap but I use a heavy-duty O-ring to capture the strap on one post of the platform. I also put a loop of elastic around the loose eye so I can wrap the strap around the base and hook the elastic back onto the post when packing in the platform.

Tethrd mini versa strap for me. I use a castration band to help keep the one end secured. It is like a thick and powerful small rubber band.

I am still using the original strap but I use a heavy-duty O-ring to capture the strap on one post of the platform. I also put a loop of elastic around the loose eye so I can wrap the strap around the base and hook the elastic back onto the post when packing in the platform.
I'm looking to get away from the original strap and buckle. I just don't care for them very much.

7/64 amsteel daisy chain. Find the closest loop that fits, pull down the tree a bit until fully tight before camming it over, then cam and it is rock solid.

7/64 amsteel daisy chain. Find the closest loop that fits, pull down the tree a bit until fully tight before camming it over, then cam and it is rock solid.
Something like this is what I'm looking for. I thought I had at some point seen where someone had used 7/64 but couldn't find it. Awesome man! Thanks!!

Does the mini versa work well?

Like Bwhana mentioned about the daisy chain, the mini versa strap works in similar capacity.

I have been able to customize the number of twists to just barely get the versa strap on, and it locks super tight and there is no “bounce back up” when unweighted. But that could be a little fiddly.

When attaching at the link that fits, you can pull the platform down and then cam it over. You have to adjust how far you pull down before camming over. It just takes a couple times to get the feel for it (like camming a wild edge step).

After trying both, I like getting the strap that fits, and pulling down to a level that gets a good solid attachment. Less fiddle factor than trying to adjust the number of twists in the strap.

Just my experience and opinion. Hope that helps.

I run a podium, but its a similar system for camming over and I read elsewhere you said to pull it down the tree and cam it over. I tried this last night and it just seems like it snugs the top teeth and leaves the platform sticking out of the tree. But when I stand the platform and pull it up, I can get it to cam over level and bite well enough. But I think perhaps I'm missing something because it straight up sounds like you're describing the opposite of what I do. Could you take a video of pulling it down before camming it over?

I run a podium, but its a similar system for camming over and I read elsewhere you said to pull it down the tree and cam it over. I tried this last night and it just seems like it snugs the top teeth and leaves the platform sticking out of the tree. But when I stand the platform and pull it up, I can get it to cam over level and bite well enough. But I think perhaps I'm missing something because it straight up sounds like you're describing the opposite of what I do. Could you take a video of pulling it down before camming it over?
Here you go it was harder holding the phone to do that than I expected! I will add that this is the only thing I have tried and liked with a daisy chain or versa strap. Either will work the same way on the RR.

Last edited:
Back