• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge runner vs mission

What has better side pressure and less flex?
Did you know he’s got a XL Ridge runner? I’m not sure if that the one you’re asking for a comparison against. I haven’t seen the first review on it.

Last edited:
Haven’t used a mission, I’m 270 lbs and have had a ridge runner 1 full season. There’s NO flex in this thing at all. Side pressure is great if you get the platform set perfectly, but just fair if you don’t have it set perfect. In my opinion the biggest weakness of the ridge runner platform is the attachment.

Haven’t used a mission, I’m 270 lbs and have had a ridge runner 1 full season. There’s NO flex in this thing at all. Side pressure is great if you get the platform set perfectly, but just fair if you don’t have it set perfect. In my opinion the biggest weakness of the ridge runner platform is the attachment.
Yeah I was looking at the attachment points and I was a bit concerned about that.

Yeah I was looking at the attachment points and I was a bit concerned about that.
They’re definitely strong enough. This thing is built like a tank. The problem with the ridge runner is you don’t get that positive feeling of the platform locking in. You put it on and it’s kinda loose and tipped up and you gotta trust that when you step on it’ll tighten up

I have the RR and love it. It is definitely rock solid if set right. I find that once I get the strap tight, I lift up the platform so the cutout on top is against the tree. Then I pull the whole thing straight up like you do with a WE step and at that point cam it over/down. When I do that I have very little of any of the sprinting up issue like mentioned here before.

I have to say the more I look at the TL mission platform the more interested in it I become. May end up having to pick one of those up. Definitely like that it’s made by Novix too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both and both are great with side pressure. I like the more room of the Mission better with turning around for offside shot opportunities since i have huge feet (something i can't do on the Ridge Runner).

Basically pick your poison and if you can try out both.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have both and both are great with side pressure. I like the more room of the Mission better with turning around for offside shot opportunities since i have huge feet (something i can't do on the Ridge Runner).

Basically pick your poison and if you can try out both.

I have the RR but also seriously considering adding the mission. I love the RR but the idea of some more room is appealing to me more and more. And have always loved LW stands so the build and materials of the mission is also really appealing. Do you find yourself gravitating to one over the other? Trying to talk myself either into it or out of it lol.

I have the RR but also seriously considering adding the mission. I love the RR but the idea of some more room is appealing to me more and more. And have always loved LW stands so the build and materials of the mission is also really appealing. Do you find yourself gravitating to one over the other? Trying to talk myself either into it or out of it lol.

For me having the extra room with my size 15 feet, the Mission will be going out with me on the first hunt (probably most if not all of my hunts). I don't plan on getting rid of the Ridge Runner, but I don't see it getting much use this year. Again, this is my opinion for me.

Last edited:
For me having the extra room with my size 15 feet, the Mission will be going out with me on the first hunt (probably most if not all of my hunts). I don't plan on getting rid of the Ridge Runner, but in don't see it getting much use this year. Again, this is my opinion for me.

Makes sense. I’m a size 11 but still like the idea of more room. Not sure I’m a fan of almost double the weight. But I’m sure it’s not a huge deal when added to the weight of a pack.

Buy both, use both, sell which ever one you don’t grab after a while.

That's going to be my strategy. I have a Ridge Runner and just got a Mission. I also have Novix mini sticks, so the fact that they can mount to the Mission is a positive for the Mission. Also I should be able to turn completely around on the Mission. Need to get it on a tree, which I lack at my house.

Thanks for all help everyone! I think I’m going to go with the mission for now! Probably check out the ridge runner in the future tho!

That's going to be my strategy. I have a Ridge Runner and just got a Mission. I also have Novix mini sticks, so the fact that they can mount to the Mission is a positive for the Mission. Also I should be able to turn completely around on the Mission. Need to get it on a tree, which I lack at my house.

How many of the mini sticks can you attach to the platform?

How many of the mini sticks can you attach to the platform?

4, maybe more. All of the pictures I've seen have 2 stacked on each side. I have the XOP mini sticks and not sure if I'm gonna be attaching them to the platform or not. Haven't messed around with it yet.
ac0c90f8d58b3367004749d0b565f6e0.jpg

4, maybe more. All of the pictures I've seen have 2 stacked on each side.
ac0c90f8d58b3367004749d0b565f6e0.jpg

Thanks! I’ve seen that pic before and it never registered. Lol. Man this thing is getting more and more tempting.

Back