• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridge Runner with Versa Button?

67elmustang

SH Member
Not trying to change Matt’s design.
Just been using Versa button style on sticks and platform

Has anyone tried using a versa button in place of the 2 mounting studs supplied.

Not sure if the post plate would shift as it’s a wider design .

Using 7/64 Amsteel daisy chain for platform Now!!

After the feedback on some of the other offerings out there this platform now has my attention.
The ridge runner is a great platform. I don't think you would be disappointed with it. I have been hunting off of mine all year and love it and have had no troubles with it.

If you switch that design to a single button, when you go to cam it over the strap will slip off the top of the bracket and it will be very hard to get everything tight. That's why it's designed the way it is. The dual buttons are pretty small and I wouldn't see a point to switching to a single button

Ok,
Would anyone that has RR have a 7/64 Amsteel Daisy and Uses or could try to see how Solid it locks for feedback.

I made a whoopie sling with 1/8” and it seemed to work well at ground level. But you have to learn the fiddle factor of it because you have to pull the platform down and get it to lock in and bite into the tree. I haven’t played with it more than once with the whoopie so I’m not sold on it or against it either. I think it will work the same as a webbing daisy chain which some guys love and some go back to the cam buckle. I was against the webbing but I’m coming around after playing more with it and the trying the whoopie. I’d be more of a fan of 1/8 or even 3/16 for piece of mind. I do use 7/64 on my sticks and it’s been great but for anything in future I’ll use 1/8.

Ok,
Would anyone that has RR have a 7/64 Amsteel Daisy and Uses or could try to see how Solid it locks for feedback.

I’m using 7/64 daisy chain like Bwhana shows in his video. Working well in my limited use.

I’m using 7/64 daisy chain like Bwhana shows in his video. Working well in my limited use.
I won't lie, the first few times at height the 7/64" looks like you are hanging on dental floss and my brain wanted to say no, but it is stronger than the original strap and does not stretch. I just quit looking at it!

I won't lie, the first few times at height the 7/64" looks like you are hanging on dental floss and my brain wanted to say no, but it is stronger than the original strap and does not stretch. I just quit looking at it!
I used 3/16 and that made me pucker.

I have the podium and love it.

Did you make a daisy chain with small loops? Seems like that would allow finer adjustments.

Back