• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ridgerunner in Predator Pack

rakbowhunter

I love the idea of how the predator has a pouch you can buy that has molle loop attachments. I just sold my Predator and in the works to buy a Ridgerunner. Does the Ridgerunner fit in the predator pack? Does anyone have a "pouch" that use for the Ridgerunner?

I have a ridgerunner, but no predator. They are different dimensions, I would think the predator pack would not work.

Not trying to be a smart arse or anything, but why not just run some compression straps through the ridge runner to attach to pack?

I don’t understand carrying extra weight, e.g. pouch, to protect the platform while en route to tree and en route back to vehicle. In my mind, it serves no purpose and adds weight. I am no weight weenie, but packs / pouches for individual platforms make no sense to me.

It's not to protect the platform by any means. It's a chunk of metal. For me, it's ease of use. When I get to a tree, I like to have access to both my climbing method AND my platform without having to take off my pack. Pouches, like the Predator pouch, allow for easy access. I don't want to fiddle with compression straps while I'm removing my platform and focusing on getting down the tree. November in Illinois can be 70 or 20 degrees. Between extra clothing, my climbing method, and the platform, there's a lot going on. Attaching everything by compression straps leaves a mess in the experience I have had with it. A platform pouch keeps things separated best for me. I'll take the extra weight, but I also understand why you would think differently. Very much personal preference when it comes to someones system.

It's not to protect the platform by any means. It's a chunk of metal. For me, it's ease of use. When I get to a tree, I like to have access to both my climbing method AND my platform without having to take off my pack. Pouches, like the Predator pouch, allow for easy access. I don't want to fiddle with compression straps while I'm removing my platform and focusing on getting down the tree. November in Illinois can be 70 or 20 degrees. Between extra clothing, my climbing method, and the platform, there's a lot going on. Attaching everything by compression straps leaves a mess in the experience I have had with it. A platform pouch keeps things separated best for me. I'll take the extra weight, but I also understand why you would think differently. Very much personal preference when it comes to someones system.

I have a biner attached to the back of my RCH for my ridge runner. Whatever works best for you is best.

Saddle hunters have a customized hunting experience. Maybe you can get someone to stitch a ridge runner sleeve for you. It appears you know what you want and what works for you, but just need to find it WRT the ridge runner.

I have been tempted to get into the thread injection game. Just haven’t pulled the trigger and bought a thread injector.

My best wishes that you find a good solution for your needs.

Back