• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rifle Hunting From Saddle

Rodney

I am looking forward to bow hunting from my incoming saddle but I also love to gun hunt. I don't see hardly anyone talking about gun hunting from the saddle.

Anyone take the rifle with them? Does the saddle pose any unique challenges to shooting. I figure you could brace off the tree or bridge and it would be similar to being in a face-the-tree climber.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to bow hunting from my incoming saddle but I also love to gun hunt. I don't see hardly anyone talking about gun hunting from the saddle.

Anyone take the rifle with them? Does the saddle pose any unique challenges to shooting. I figure you could brace off the tree or bridge and it would be similar to being in a face-the-tree climber.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You got it correct. You can use your bridge and or tree as a brace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have been gun hunting (shotgun and muzzleloader) from a saddle for at least 15 years. It works out real well as you can rotate around the tree and use the tree to help steady your shot.

I have never experienced any difficulties with this.

I will take a look. Bow hunting is great but I still love a BANGFLOP now and again!

I’ve only gun hunted from it.

Yes. Use the tree or bridge.

If you’re going to hang your rifle up, make sure you check your strap and studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gun hunt out of mine all the time. no problems only bonuses!

Same here! I’ve gun hunted from mine several times. It rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back