• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Robert Gould 2019 buck

John Eberhart

Vendor Rep
John

I sat from 2 hours before first light until 40 minutes after dark on Halloween and I was soaked, and frozen. However, I took what I learned and my freelance fanny pack and adjusted the next morning. I shot this beautiful 8 point after he stood under the tree I was in for 15 minutes. This is my second buck from a saddle and my first freelance buck.

I did one more all-day sit and two additional days sitting from 2 hours before first light until 2pm, before changing locations in a bedding area. I never got winded after following your scent control regime to the letter (yup, I even shaved) by properly using ScentLok. This led to me seeing a buck twice as large as this 8 point. He was only 14 yards away in briars and autumn olive, no shot, but I learned a lot. I’m starting to understand what it takes to pursue these bucks that truly are a different breed.

On a different property I saw 11 bucks, and another 8 point like the one I shot, and he followed my entry route right to the tree I was in and never spooked or had a clue.

Thank you for your help and guidance. I’ve had the best views this season and wish you the best in yours.

Sincerely,

Rob Gould

Attachments

• Robert Gould 2019 buck.jpg
    Robert Gould 2019 buck.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 50
Back