• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rock climbing harness, very uncomfortable!

Garrymny

Inspired by the 10 week wait on an Aerohunter saddle, and the prospect of making my own saddle from camo Walmart fleece, I ordered and received my RCH today. Tried it on a tree in my back yard. Definitely a crotch cracker when hooked to the center ring. Better when hooked to the side D rings, but still not comfortable due to waist pinching. Helped somewhat by sliding the hip belt down to my a$$. Hopefully, the fleece "saddle" will make it comfortable. Still have to make that. From what I read on here they are comfortable and the RCH is just providing the safety of a rated harness. I assume you have slack in the RCH tether connection so the fleece saddle is bearing your weight. Hopefully that's right.

Weight goes in the fleece, RCH is just a backup...

Watch from 1:55 thru 3:15

Back