• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rock Harness Lineman Belt Solution

DB4x4

I have seen a lot of guys ask how to make a lineman belt for rock harnesses that do not have dedicated loops. I just posted this in another thread, but thought it might warrant having its own thread since I have seen this question asked so many times. If you find this to be repetitive or if this has already been suggested, feel free to remove or delete it.

----------

I configured an Alpine Bod harness for a friend last night to be used for tree stand hanging/hunting. I have one configured identically for tree stands and from my Sit Drag days.

SAFETY DISCLAIMER: The accessory loops on the Alpine Bod are NOT load bearing and should only be used for transport. Do NOT use them for lineman belt operation. In fact, I would recommend removing the first accessory loop on the right side (pictured below with tether attached for transport) so that you don't accidentally clip into it instead of the custom lineman rope loop.

Also, when wearing/using the Alpine Bod, the main belt should be fed through the main buckle, and doubled back through to prevent slippage.

The setup shown below works really well for me, but it may not work for you. As with everything else, test everything extensively at ground level before climbing...

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: The yellow 6mm cord is the lineman belt attachment. Girth hitched prusik on left side and custom loop on right side to clip in. (Leg loops keep 6mm cord from sliding forward and bright colors are used to prevent confusion and verify proper/positive attachment)

1569597646633.png

I use the same setup, I’ve attached two chalk bag pouches from amazon to the accessory loops and they hold both ropes perfectly. Then I can attach a climbing stick to each of the other accessory loops. Pretty nice setup. Question, do you use a sit drag? And if you do use one do you attach the harness carabiner to the bottom of your tether or some other way? I’ve seen it done multiple ways just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I used the Sit Drag with the rock harness, I just added a second 8mm prusik to the main tether. One prusik for Sit Drag bridge, and the other for rock harness attachment.

Similar to what is shown in this video:

I think @BCHunter done this a long while back thanks for sharing. honestly I love seeing new members come here and share even if its been done before its nice to see wheels turning

Yeah thats basically what i use just with double prusicks, I need to get an ascender but it'll work for now. I used to ditch the sit drag and just use the harness, that was a mistake. Ended up pinching a nerve on my left hip. I like your idea of the 6mm loops to the harness, I use two carabiners but its loud sometimes.

Back