• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Roll n Lock or Kong Duck

mattpsu1

SH Member
Since I went to 8mm I’m looking to buy a CT Roll n Lock or a Kong Duck. Can anyone tell me which one they prefer and why? And does anyone have one they want to part with? Thanks

Realistically its 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I don't really see a need for the lock feature on the RollNLock for our application. I use Kong Ducks and Ive used Ropeman before and they both work fine for their respective rope sizes. I like the Kong Ducks cause I can hoist deer with them and Muletape come butcher time if I need to.

I use the CT RNL. I have seen numerous torture tests on it and I am amazed of what the can handle.

I like the ease of use. It's all personal preference.

Anyone have one or the other they wanna sell?

Never used a roll n lock. Kong dock and ropeman are great. I like the way the carabiner connects to a ropeman vs duck.

Never used a roll n lock. Kong dock and ropeman are great. I like the way the carabiner connects to a ropeman vs duck.
I like the Ropeman 1 but since switching to 8mm rope I’d like to switch to a CT or Duck. Using a distel on both lineman’s and tether for the time being and both seem to be working just fine. Just want to have the option of a mechanical ascender

Sounds good. I do know 8mm is out of spec for a ropeman. Stick to a duck or roll n lock if you decide to go mechanical.

The ropeman 2 is in spec but save yourself the headache. The teeth are way too aggressive and just snag.

Back