• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rollnlock.

kodiak3842

Anyone have experience with these? Sure looks a lot like a Kong Duck, but I have never used either.
I am considering switching my tree tether to 9mm HTP, and need one or the other of these, since a Ropeman 1 is not rated for 9mm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There’s a good utube comparison of the two. Looks like the rollNlock has much more going for it. More $ as I recall also, though. I’ll see if I can find it...

I think i recall someone disliking due to the multiple modes of operation. They didn't like using a device as a rope clamp/ascender that could be switched to pulley mode.

I think i recall someone disliking due to the multiple modes of operation. They didn't like using a device as a rope clamp/ascender that could be switched to pulley mode.

You are correct. Some were worried about falling by accidently switching it to a pulley.
I have used a rollnlock for 2 years on and off. It works fine IMO
I have never had a problem with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glad to hear some are using them. I found them on Amazon yesterday for $27 each. Ordered 2 for that price.

Don't see them listed at that price today though.

Yea, when I saw the prices elsewhere, and from other sellers, I had to at least try them. Hoping they are legit
43bc36f2d23969aef7beb90c2a633ade.jpg

Glad to hear some are using them. I found them on Amazon yesterday for $27 each. Ordered 2 for that price.

Don't see them listed at that price today though.

That is a great price. It is heavier than a ropeman 1 or kong. You can add a piece of paracord to it to release it. I think I saw that on the rollinlock comparison to a kong or ropeman.

Yea, when I saw the prices elsewhere, and from other sellers, I had to at least try them. Hoping they are legit
43bc36f2d23969aef7beb90c2a633ade.jpg

I also ordered 2 don’t be surprised if amazon emails you to inform you that the order has not been filled and your card will not be charged and you won’t receive your order.

It happened to me.

I also ordered the $27 rollnlock from amazon. i was notified that it shipped a week or two ago and i watched the tracking as it was delivered to a mailbox in a state that i don't live in. i contacted amazon, who then contacted the seller, and nothing happened. today amazon refunded my money. lesson learned.

Back