• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope care

Slingin eastons

Had a tethrd lineman’s rope that got wet and when I put it in the bag it has since developed mold, what would be the best way to safely clean the rope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best thing for mold is bleach but I wouldn't want to bleach my ropes. Mold thrives in moist environments so getting that rope cleaned and dried out completely would be my priority. Get a clean bucket and fill it with very warm water and a scentless cleaner or laundry detergent and let it soak for a while say a few hours maybe even overnight. Swish it around every so often and then rinse it really well with clean water. I would then air dry it outside if you can and see if that takes the moldy mildewy smell away. You may even want to go with a solution of baking soda with the detergent. Work it around in there and then make sure you completely dry it out. I'm sure others on here have some great ideas but that would be my strategy at this point.

Back