• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope Color

EverettJ89

Hey all,

Looking to buy some ropes.

Newcomer to saddle hunting, but have experience with ropes. I'm planning on using an SRT system to get into the tree, but wanted to know if the color of the rope makes a difference in your experience, as most ropes are very bright in color.

I plan on pulling the slack end of the line up to my pouch once I'm tethered in, but the working end will be running back to the base of the tree. Will a bright colored rope spook a big buck if its pulled taught against the tree?

Thanks!

Good to know, I appreciate it.

I guess the real question is do I need to get a camo patterned rope like the Samson predator? I'd like to go smaller than 7/16 to save on weight.

Hey all,

Looking to buy some ropes.

Newcomer to saddle hunting, but have experience with ropes. I'm planning on using an SRT system to get into the tree, but wanted to know if the color of the rope makes a difference in your experience, as most ropes are very bright in color.

I plan on pulling the slack end of the line up to my pouch once I'm tethered in, but the working end will be running back to the base of the tree. Will a bright colored rope spook a big buck if its pulled taught against the tree?

Thanks!
NYSaddleHunters has a discount of I think 10 percent with Wespurs, they have SRT package and DRT package and discount for other products. I got the Platinum rope for SRT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back