• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope..... for Helium and LW sticks mods

Buckhorn70

SH Member
What Rope and size are you guys using? I have LW verse buttons on all sticks.

I am looking earthtone colors that blend in the woods as well.

Have yet to use it but I just received Amsteel blue 5/16” which is light, durable, and should blend in with the grey bark of most trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are 2 pics of the 7mm Sterling accessory rope. One is desert camo, the other is the woodland camo. I prefer the woodland, myself. Think it blends in more.
ceca716b8136d3cfb60a5521a615ce2a.jpg
56fbeede9e159ebeaa3f72769d3fdac8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here are 2 pics of the 7mm Sterling accessory rope. One is desert camo, the other is the woodland camo. I prefer the woodland, myself. Think it blends in more.
ceca716b8136d3cfb60a5521a615ce2a.jpg
56fbeede9e159ebeaa3f72769d3fdac8.jpg

Those look nice

I was debating between 1/4 amsteel & the 7mm desert but now my decision will be harder after seeing the woodland.

Just keep in mind that is the desert camo right out of the mailbox. It takes on a more "aged" appearance with some use that blends in better. The rope here both on the stick and my aider was used a season and is a few shades darker next to some new rope I have. Either way certainly a very small nuance, a deer is not going to it pick up either way but I like to hide from people too.

Screenshot_20180521-213047_Gallery.jpg

I just got my helium sticks on Friday. I am unsure if I want to cut them yet, but with an arthritic knee nagging me right now, I appreciate the double steps. Had to step up with my good leg, then bring the bad up to the same level. Only way to climb right now .

Just did the versa button/rope mod on them and the weight went from 10.2# for a set of 3, down to 9.1#. According to my digital bow scale.

Less weight and less hassle putting them up is good lol

8 feet in total. 12" for the loop around the versa button, and then approx 7' of "run"

So it seems like people are tending toward 7mm Sterling or 1/4” Amsteel Blue. Anyone still using PMI 8mm accessory cord?

I like 1/4” Amsteel for the rope mod application because of the ease of doing locked Brummell eyes and buries vs bulky knots

Back