• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope mod keeper for climbing stick idea

blzn04

Dec 14, 2018
Im currently doing the amsteel rope mod for my modified sticks and i am trying to think i ways to manage the rope when coiled around the stick. Im going to attach the bungee to tag end to secure it but im looking for something to keep them from sliding off the top/bottom of the climbing stick end caps. Which makes them a pain when stacking.

So this morning i just came up with a little sketch to get the creative juices flowing and to share if anyone else wanted to try it. I was thinking of welding or screwing small aluminum tabs to the front/back of the sticks. Or quite possibly someone could integrate tabs into the endcaps themselves for sticks with rope mods. Just a thought. Hope it helps someone if they need it

b97d4da87673160facf2636239c5b26e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shwacker

Dec 10, 2018
I just wrap mine and they fall just behind the stick on the base of the standoff. Wrap top to bottom then back to the button to tie it off. Doesn’t get in the way of stacking sticks for me. It it effecting your stacking? Is that your reason to do this mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blzn04

Dec 14, 2018
I just wrap mine and they fall just behind the stick on the base of the standoff. Wrap top to bottom then back to the button to tie it off. Doesn’t get in the way of stacking sticks for me. It it effecting your stacking? Is that your reason to do this mod?

yea its does affect the stacking on my APIs as the standoffs clip onto the stick that it is being placed on. so if there is anything in the way it wont nest together. On the bottom standoff only though.

shwacker

Dec 10, 2018
yea its does affect the stacking on my APIs as the standoffs clip onto the stick that it is being placed on. so if there is anything in the way it wont nest together. On the bottom standoff only though.

Are you using regular rope or Amsteel? I have APIs also, the 1/4 Amsteel didn’t get it the way, maybe slightly but not enough to be an issue. Now I have daisy chain 7/64, zero issues.

Loucamp

Jan 9, 2019
If you are using square tubing and don't mind removing the caps (assuming caps are present) you can V notch the two opposite faces so the rope sits into the notches, holding them in place.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: shwacker

will4554

Oct 29, 2018
I wrap them under the post and butt them up to the standoff. I think the same thing @shwacker is saying. I have LW standoffs on mine but it shouldn't make a difference.

Reactions: shwacker