• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope splicing

TheTracker

What tools do i need to splice 11mm yale bandit rope. I watched a video of a guy using a fid and a pusher but do i need anything else?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I made my own "fid" using a knitting needle and cutting it down to size. I forget the exact size of it but it slides inside the rope pretty well. The biggest help for me was cutting a small diameter carbon arrow with an angled tip then running a guitar string inside of it in a loop to grab the rope. Those two tools are about all I use. I can send pics of them when I get home.

I made my own "fid" using a knitting needle and cutting it down to size. I forget the exact size of it but it slides inside the rope pretty well. The biggest help for me was cutting a small diameter carbon arrow with an angled tip then running a guitar string inside of it in a loop to grab the rope. Those two tools are about all I use. I can send pics of them when I get home.
Id appreciate all the help i can get.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here ya go. Nothing special at all. The biggest thing is hooking the rope to something SOLID when starting to bury the splice. I hook it to a steel beam in my basement and connect the other end to my climbing harness and use my body weight to help bury the splice
5509e51a2b61c0f04eccf2449728b686.jpg

76ce99f96c3d5eabc82b1375fa5f01aa.jpg

b3803c2b347f6b7364b9984016b2cef3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back