• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rope ?

I bought 45' of Sterling C-IV new from another hunter. When I replace it, it will be from EWO. I believe in supporting business that support the sport. Wesspur, Bartlett, and REI are other reputable companies, unless I buy direct from the manufacturer.

Depends on the size rope and what my planned use is. Eastern Woods is great for oplux or amsteel, Wesspur for 11mm 24 strand climbing ropes. Arborsessions or Knots & Rope also are great places

I’ve ordered a few times from EWO and have to say they have been great. quick to answer any questions, fast shipping. Reasonable for price as well….

I have also used Rock N Rescue (i work as a FF/Paramedic so we use them for a lot of our rescue stuff)

I think 8' is pretty common too, I could personally go a little less but 8' packs up a little bigger than my fist ( 8mm from latitude).

I like canyon elite, got my from DanO, it's in spec for a madrock. Something to think about if your going to buy in bulk

i use that as a repel rope, so far, so good. It does havre some stretch, but I don't see it described as either static or dynamic.

They say it's the same as blue craze. Arborist climbing ropes that aren't static are "semi-static". They have a little more stretch than static lines but nowhere near as much as a dynamic line

Back