• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 1 and Amsteel Rope

bigdave1691

With so many topics on here, been looking to see if anybody has tried using the Ropeman 1 with the Amsteel rope or is it even possible.

I just tried it, didn't work. I even used 7/16. If I squeeze the Ropeman it grabs, but the rope looks like hell where it gets smashed

I wouldn't recommend this for the same reason trhat knots are not recommended in amsteel. Kinks serverely weaken the amsteel and the teeth on the ropeman are effectively creating local kinks.

Back