• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ROPEMAN 1 vs KONG

Semper_Fi13

I have 2 Ropeman 1 that I love, but was looking at selling 1 or both and moving towards the Kong. The only down fall of the Ropeman 1 is a little small when I have gloves on. Does anyone run the Kong that use to have the Ropeman 1. I was thinking of using the Kong for my Tether line and the Ropeman for my lineman belt. Any thoughts.

I have 2 Ropeman 1 that I love, but was looking at selling 1 or both and moving towards the Kong. The only down fall of the Ropeman 1 is a little small when I have gloves on. Does anyone run the Kong that use to have the Ropeman 1. I was thinking of using the Kong for my Tether line and the Ropeman for my lineman belt. Any thoughts.
I have a brand new Kong that I might consider trading for a R1. Are you interested?

I have used both, the only advantage of the kong over the ropeman is the kong is rated down to 8 mm rope. If you aren't using 8 mm rope then there isn't a reason to get a kong. Some guys here use the ropeman 1 with 8 mm rope and just use a fatter carabiner. To each is own on that one.

10-4 was trying to find out any thoughts on the Kong vs Ropeman. Was not trying to use this a a for sale post. Want honest info on what people think of Kong vs Ropemam

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Never used a kong but the ropeman 1 is hard to beat I run r1 on my lineman’s and ropeman 2 on my oplux tether!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back