• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 1

I thought you already had 122 of those??

I thought I had 6. But when I dug stuff out, I only had 4. I need 4. So I thought I should own 6. Plus, if they really do stop making them I'm not excited about the piranha jaws on the pic you posted of the Ropeman 2.

I saw them last night and not to be all messed up but ordered first thing when I got home. Waited to see it ship this morning and realized there are 4 more so I posted. This all sounds really bad and I guess my saddle addiction has taken over. Please forgive me lol

I thought I had 6. But when I dug stuff out, I only had 4. I need 4. So I thought I should own 6. Plus, if they really do stop making them I'm not excited about the piranha jaws on the pic you posted of the Ropeman 2.
Don't worry I understand. I think I have 4 ropeman 1's and 2 ducks. :D

I've never used this but interested. I went to order one but fainted when I saw 22 dollars for shipping. When I recovered I decided not to be gouged in such a way. If anyone decides to part with one of your extras please consider me.

I bought two for $80 and then I added a $25 saw that I needed anyway. And that got me free shipping.

I've paid less for a Ropeman. But the hysteria of them not making more when I just realized I was down 2 of them... I got suckered. Haha. They will go on back order every year to keep up demand.

They got me at my own game!!!!

BTW, I already got the UPS info that the package was picked up and scanned by UPS.

I guess that means I will get them and they aren't a phantom backorder that they will cancel later.

Nice job, MCDM.

Are there talks of discontinuing them, or is that just a wild guess as to why they're always on backorder?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are there talks of discontinuing them, or is that just a wild guess as to why they're always on backorder?

I don't know if this is the case here but sometimes if a company doesn't manufacture a product themselves they may buy them in batches or if the manufacturer gets backed up for whatever reason the result can be temporary shortages from time to time.

I don't know if this is the case here but sometimes if a company doesn't manufacture a product themselves they may buy them in batches or if the manufacturer gets backed up for whatever reason the result can be temporary shortages from time to time.

They definitely buy in batches. They need to buy another container or two each year because they are losing sales due to out of stock. People are finding other solutions which is costing them market share as well.
Anyway, some folks posted about conversations they had with the company or their vendors and it felt like there was a chance we would have to wait until Spring or they may even replace it. Anyway, I'm sure I will put them to good use.

Just so everyone knows wesspur does a price match. They were $4 or $5 bucks less on treestuff.com which they are still sold out for like 3 more weeks. I have already waited three weeks. When you order from wesspur in checkout section before you submit your order put in the comments section where you saw the lower price and the price also state the item. They sent me a new invoice with the prices updated. Both treestuff and wesspur are great retailers but if one doesn't have it try the other one. One day everyone will realize that our addictions have a demand lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

According to wildcountry they stated in a phone call they were going to try a different route with the ropeman. Now I don't know if they were telling the truth and they also said they had a manufacturing issue as well so its all up in the air. If they were to stop making these it would definitely be bad for them since of all the rope grab type ascenders this is the one that sees the highest demand. It would then open the door for someone to carbon copy it but as I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

BTW, I already got the UPS info that the package was picked up and scanned by UPS.

I guess that means I will get them and they aren't a phantom backorder that they will cancel later.

Nice job, MCDM.

Yeah me too. I actually ordered some ultratech hitch loops which are spliced and sewn. 2 of the 8mm and 2 of the 9mm to use a rope bridges for my new saddle. Which ever size I go with the others will become back up prussik for connection to the RC harness/sitdrag.

The Roll n Lock makes me nervous...it has a switch that locks it open. That feature would be handy if you used it to lock off a Rappel and then locked it open to descend....but I hate the feeling of leaning back a bit and waiting for your tether to catch you :)

The Climb Right looks like the teeth are similar to the Ropeman 1 but not as aggressive. It also looks like the carabiner doesn't affect the amount of rope tension which wold make it more consistent.

I would call Treestuff and ask. They'll know.

Back