• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman 2 use?

Still Kicking

SH Member
I'm wondering why the Ropeman 2 isn't used more on saddle hunting? I use them and they work really great for me. I have read some posts about rope damage but haven't encountered it and it uses the same type cam as most hand ascenders. I mainly use them in place of an adjustment attachment on my lifeline but have also used one for a bridge adjustment at ground level and it performed well. I've been reluctant to use it at climbing height because I don't see anyone else doing so. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm wondering why the Ropeman 2 isn't used more on saddle hunting? I use them and they work really great for me. I have read some posts about rope damage but haven't encountered it and it uses the same type cam as most hand ascenders. I mainly use them in place of an adjustment attachment on my lifeline but have also used one for a bridge adjustment at ground level and it performed well. I've been reluctant to use it at climbing height because I don't see anyone else doing so. Can anyone enlighten me?
RM1 and RM2 are rated for different size ropes. That could be part of the reason. Other than that, being a little snaggier on the rope is the most common reason I have seen. If it's working for your set up, I wouldn't change a thing.

RM 2 for smaller that 10mm rope. RM1 for 10mm - 13mm. Due to the sharper teeth on the RM2, many people prefer the KongDuck or CT RollNLock for smaller ropes like 8mm Oplux. There are numerous threads about Ropemans on this forum. But get ready for a ton of opinions.

I use the ropeman 2. The sharper teeth aren't kind to all ropes so you have to find one that it works well with. I've been using it with sterling htp which has a pretty stiff sheath.

So the RM1 is for the thick Tethrd tether I’m assuming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back