• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropeman

huck72412

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Looks like the ever elusive Ropeman1 is available at Wild Country. Found them on their eBay store.

Backcountry.com has them for $28 and free shipping on orders over $50...

Hard to get a pair of Ropemen shipped for $56. They are the orange ones.

So did I. I was looking for a layering jacket and they knew I bought the Ropeman before so it was showing as recommended. I didn't need any but bought two more myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got an orange and a blue one now. The whole collection! haha

Ropeman1 is the best mod I ever made. Wouldn't use a rope for a lineman without one.

Thanks for the backcountry.com deal tip, Maustypsu. Ordered a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are y'all using these on your tether and/or lineman belt in place of a blake's hitch?

Awesome. Anyone have a pic of the set up? I know it is probably self explanatory if it's in hand. I hate how my blake's hitch gets bound up after hanging for a bit.

This is a kong duck, but same idea.
0b2ea7dc1a5b2378225a3f434b9d5a01.jpg

Is there a reason everyone likes the ropeman? Would any ascender work just as well?

Is there a reason everyone likes the ropeman? Would any ascender work just as well?
The design of the ropeman is nice because it pinches the rope against the carabiner which keeps it very quiet. The ropeman is only approved down to 10mm rope, that is why I use a kong duck on my tether. You'll see in the picture I have a section of the carabiner wrapped up to avoid the clanking when I'm setting up.

The design of the ropeman is nice because it pinches the rope against the carabiner which keeps it very quiet. The ropeman is only approved down to 10mm rope, that is why I use a kong duck on my tether. You'll see in the picture I have a section of the carabiner wrapped up to avoid the clanking when I'm setting up.
What size rope are you using for your tether?

I think you can get away a smaller rope with the ropeman if you choose a thicker carabiner

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back