• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ropes

blewis5289

Hey saddle hunters. I finally purchased my 1st saddle and landed on the Cruzr XC which is still in transit. However, I have 2 questions regarding ropes:
1. Does anyone climb using the tether vs the lineman rope (other than the one stickers)? It seems like this would be safer in the event of a slip.
2. Does anyone leave the lineman rope connected once set as a backup to the tether in case of failure?

Thanks in advance.

I know a few guys who use a second tether to a second bridge. Also climb using both. I just started In th saddle I climb with linesman and will hang with 1 tether. Removing kong from tether and will hang from swabish or Prussic. (Spell check lol)

You can climb with both your lineman's and tether! This way will be the safest, however, most choose not to from an efficiency/hassle standpoint. This does not mean you cannot or should not. Please weigh your safety considerations carefully. I myself use only my lineman's when using a k/s with the WEI Stepps, but I do use both when single sticking.

I would not recommend leaving the lineman's on at height, but if you're uncomfortable, run a secondary tether and/or bridge setup.

Become comfortable with your equipment and what it is designed to do at ground level, prior to climbing!

You can climb with both your lineman's and tether! This way will be the safest, however, most choose not to from an efficiency/hassle standpoint. This does not mean you cannot or should not. Please weigh your safety considerations carefully. I myself use only my lineman's when using a k/s with the WEI Stepps, but I do use both when single sticking.

I would not recommend leaving the lineman's on at height, but if you're uncomfortable, run a secondary tether and/or bridge setup.

Become comfortable with your equipment and what it is designed to do at ground level, prior to climbing!
Thank you! Yes, I plan on spending a lot of time in the tree prior to the season in order to increase my comfort level. The 2nd tether is a great idea as well. Being new, the concept of trusting an 8mm rope at height is daunting, but I realize they are rated for far more than I would ever stress them... Thanks

I know a few guys who use a second tether to a second bridge. Also climb using both. I just started In th saddle I climb with linesman and will hang with 1 tether. Removing kong from tether and will hang from swabish or Prussic. (Spell check lol)
Spell check let you down, it’s Schwabish and Prusik

Back