• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ROS comparison

Nate

I’ve searched and maybe missed it...wondering about the differences between the squirrel steps (which I used to have) and the pioneer steps. They seem similar but very different in price point.

I’ve searched and maybe missed it...wondering about the differences between the squirrel steps (which I used to have) and the pioneer steps. They seem similar but very different in price point.

I believe the pioneers were a little shorter on the step, but I can’t remember how much.

I may be wrong, but I believe the Squirrel steps are machined out of solid aluminum and the pioneer steps are cut from an extrusion. I have 7 of the Pioneer steps and use them as a ring of steps and have been very happy with them. The price difference probably comes from the added machining of the Squirrel Steps. I am not sure about size differences since I have never handled a Squirrel step but would love to have a set. Maybe someday.

Pretty sure that’s right. Squirrel steps being the premium against which all others are judged. I just got the hawk monkey bars and after swapping out the strap with the OCB they’re pretty sweet. Not sure the ROS is for me, but I can’t seem to leave them at home.

Really enjoy the tree hopper steps as well! Lil bulkier and heavier but very solid, safe and comfy. Also like the tree hopper ocb buckle/strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I likthe predator platform with amsteel and 2-3 squirrel steps around tree with ocb...best of all worlds for me...allows me to be comfortable for the day and better mobility and stability around the tree for different scenarios of shots

I likthe predator platform with amsteel and 2-3 squirrel steps around tree with ocb...best of all worlds for me...allows me to be comfortable for the day and better mobility and stability around the tree for different scenarios of shots
Since I can’t leave the ROS at home, but really prefer a platform, this is the next step. I think I’m gonna put 2 on my platform strap. I’ve already got a few extra s hooks for my gear strap. Gotten a lot better at leaning to the side of my tether too. I don’t feel constrained to being right below it. If I change positions I hang my bow on a different hook.

Back