• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Running JRB Hitch, Tether/Rappel anchor

John RB

Everyone I know who has tried my JRB Hitch as a remotely retrievable anchor for Rappel applications is impressed with the ease of retrieval... but it's NOT the easiest thing to move up the trunk. Well, this is: the RUNNING JRB Hitch. I can tie and set it in about 20 seconds, no metal and easy to retrieve. But the real benefit will be climbing on it.

Note: this video was re-uploaded less than a week after it was originally posted. The way it is tied here is less likely to make retrieval difficult on a small diameter tree.

Last edited:
John, your videos are intriguing and it’s obvious your wheels are constantly turning. I don’t use any of your methods but I might someday. I’ve grown comfortable climbing SRT with devices and do not feel the need to change at this point. I appreciate your contribution to saddle hunting.

John, your videos are intriguing and it’s obvious your wheels are constantly turning. I don’t use any of your methods but I might someday. I’ve grown comfortable climbing SRT with devices and do not feel the need to change at this point. I appreciate your contribution to saddle hunting.
Thanks, that's appreciated. If you are already safely on a no slack rope, you are good to go. SRT, MRS, JRB... at the end of the day, we are all tied in and on zero slack. My main priority is getting people tied in; raising general awareness about safety. My 2nd priority (maybe more of a creative pursuit) is simply advancing the art of climbing (safely), and in a minimalist system. I have been doing this kind of thing (tinkering and improving my climbing systems) for a dozen years before I had a YouTube Channel. But now, I am sharing the journey as I go. Cheers.

I’m really looking forward to learning ur system and climbing smarter and safer! Ty, also down in MD, 10 minutes from Mason/Dixon so looking forward the next meet-ups I keep reading about

Back