• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

S

0d095e8a3d220a914931d97635ac1ff1.jpg

Also, it packs up real nice for anyone wondering...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s great you revived this thread @kyler1945 I subscribed to it and earlier today went over it again, checked out the cobra buckles online again because I have to get rid of the buckle noise, mainly on the leg straps. It’s not horrible and there is zero noise when it is loaded. Will it ever spook an animal? No. I walked right up on a doe the other day. I just have a real issue dealing with noise on a dead quiet morning and I think the biggest bother is that it hinders my ability to hear my surroundings like I want to. And I’m a bit anal. I find myself holding the buckle to silence them at times and less metal is always a good thing in regards to contact noise. Oh, the weight savings is a bonus too.

Just wondering how it’s working out for you. Do you like having the fixed female buckle with the slide adjuster or could you see using both the male and female adjustable buckles? I’m also wondering what a PITA it was to remove the stitching of the leg buckles as it extends into the seat and what method you used to restitch them, machine or by hand.

Thanks

I absolutely get their reasoning with the buckles and in no way am I saying they are overly noisy or heavy. Safety is #1, noise reduction is 1A. Great find

Polymer buckle looks pretty sweet. Nice price too!

I don't mind the stock Kite hardware but I suppose a buckle is a slight improvement over the step through.

I was about to feed my habit but the shipping seems a bit much at $15 for a $10 item. Spoiled by Prime I guess. Seems like a small piece of plastic could go in the mail for less.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Polymer buckle looks pretty sweet. Nice price too!

I don't mind the stock Kite hardware but I suppose a buckle is a slight improvement over the step through.

I was about to feed my habit but the shipping seems a bit much at $15 for a $10 item. Spoiled by Prime I guess. Seems like a small piece of plastic could go in the mail for less.

Coming from Canada.

I just ordered this buckle from mil spec monkey for a diy kestrel. I think shipping was $7 but I ordered a couple of other items too. Just a thought.

Like the mods you did though.
d90c48defe7bff4f8302a8feec8758db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if the picture is the exact one you ordered - if so, it doesn’t have slide adjustment built in. You’ll need to order or have on hand some slide adjusters to thread the webbing through before and after going through the buckle opening. It will also be a pain to loosen and tighten each time. I went with one side adjustment on the first buckle I ordered, and both sides adjustable the second time. I prefer the dual adjustment

You're correct on the picture...I ordered the dual adjustable but showed the nonadjustable. Was going to use their g hooks for the leg strap connections.

You're correct on the picture...I ordered the dual adjustable but showed the nonadjustable. Was going to use their g hooks for the leg strap connections.

You got it then! - also it's the same buckle I ordered from Autrialpin direct - but looks like it's stocked here somewhere as the shipping is a little lighter. Good find - maybe post a link for the guys here who aren't google savvy!

$3 shipping! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Ordered a dual...from my saddle! $13 to my door for a sweet looking buckle. Now my Kite is fully open-able!

Thanks!

$3 shipping! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Ordered a dual...from my saddle! $13 to my door for a sweet looking buckle. Now my Kite is fully open-able!

Thanks!

Did you order a buckle, and then kill a deer? This dude right here!!!

Kinda wished I'd ordered a game cart!

Think Amazon would drone ship it?

Back