• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sad day!

Cript2014

I was sitting here wondering where my saddle was that I ordered back in November so I logged onto my email and Debbie from aero hunter had emaled me telling me it was no longer going to be able to ship out this month on the 7th because of production issues it wouldn’t be able to ship out till the 4th of January I was really looking forward to finishing up the deer season here out of it as our season ends on the 1st of January but looking at the positive side I’ll be ready for saddle hunt in February to learn from you guys hands on wile trying to kill some pigs and I’ll definitely be ready for next year when it rolls around lol but still a sad day for me!

That’s a let down for sure. You should be 100 percent ready by the time next season starts. Not sure what you’re intended climbing method is but I plan to carry my saddle and fourwild edge stepps with a five step aider in my post season scouting this year. At five pounds total it will be nice to be able to pick a tree and climb it and get a feel for that spot during my post season scout. Kind x

I was sitting here wondering where my saddle was that I ordered back in November so I logged onto my email and Debbie from aero hunter had emaled me telling me it was no longer going to be able to ship out this month on the 7th because of production issues it wouldn’t be able to ship out till the 4th of January I was really looking forward to finishing up the deer season here out of it as our season ends on the 1st of January but looking at the positive side I’ll be ready for saddle hunt in February to learn from you guys hands on wile trying to kill some pigs and I’ll definitely be ready for next year when it rolls around lol but still a sad day for me!
I also ordered a saddle in Nov. but from Tethrd and still nothing they told me they are getting a shipment this month but still nothing. Have been looking at videos to make a fleece one so I can give it a try. I have amsteel on the way for the bridge, also ordered two safety lines from Amazon one for lineman and one for tether only $14 each from amazon. Not sure if you want to get that a try also, not very much money to make it and will get you going.

That’s a let down for sure. You should be 100 percent ready by the time next season starts. Not sure what you’re intended climbing method is but I plan to carry my saddle and fourwild edge stepps with a five step aider in my post season scouting this year. At five pounds total it will be nice to be able to pick a tree and climb it and get a feel for that spot during my post season scout. Kind x

Exactly what I plan to do - I will give them an honest look while prepping trees this spring. It is going to be really hard to convince me at this point to abandon my Heliums as that system just works perfect for how I hunt and I can do it in total darkness. Perhaps if I had more straight tall trees like some of you have I would go this route but we don't.

Exactly what I plan to do - I will give them an honest look while prepping trees this spring. It is going to be really hard to convince me at this point to abandon my Heliums as that system just works perfect for how I hunt and I can do it in total darkness. Perhaps if I had more straight tall trees like some of you have I would go this route but we don't.
I’m not crazy about multistep aiders in the dark. When hunting it’s dark either going up or down sometimes both. The good news is I don’t scout in the dark so I will give it a go. I may even make a Davet binder this year. I can’t drill trees in January/February but I can pick my tree, climb it and aggressively trim shooting lanes.

I bought 12 wild edge steps I’m gonna use them as my base and I have the aider and Swaider I’ve been practicing with them and a safety harness just need the last part lol

I
I also ordered a saddle in Nov. but from Tethrd and still nothing they told me they are getting a shipment this month but still nothing. Have been looking at videos to make a fleece one so I can give it a try. I have amsteel on the way for the bridge, also ordered two safety lines from Amazon one for lineman and one for tether only $14 each from amazon. Not sure if you want to get that a try also, not very much money to make it and will get you going.
might have to look into this today when I get to the stand!

I’m not crazy about multistep aiders in the dark. When hunting it’s dark either going up or down sometimes both. The good news is I don’t scout in the dark so I will give it a go. I may even make a Davet binder this year. I can’t drill trees in January/February but I can pick my tree, climb it and aggressively trim shooting lanes.
The nice thing about the multistep aider/knaider compared to the swaider with the knaider is that you can keep your lineman's belt relatively tight to the tree which keeps you more vertical and you're less likely to spin out. This was pretty stable. It shouldn't be bad to do in the dark.

That being said when I go into the woods I need a system that is easy and reliable. So far 7-8 stepps with the knaider has fit that bill and nothing really compares. I'll probably stick with it because the system is pretty idiot proof. All you have to do is make sure the stepp is on the tree correctly. I really appreciate any system where I can step from something solid to an aider and back on to something solid.

@Cript2014 if you get comfortable with the stepps I think you will be happy with them. They can be a little slower than sticks but sometimes we need to slow down anyway.
@redsquirrel it probably isn’t that bad with a black diamond aider in the dark. I may give it a try next season if I’m comfortable with it after using it to preset trees during the off season. The only multi step aider I have used was home made and about two feet between steps. Not having to stretch and lean to get a foot in one will surely make the black diamond more stable. I’m still using an adjustable aider on my wild edge stepps. I am about halfway done sewing my knaider and will definitely give it a shot. The only place I think an adjustable aider is better than the knaider is when I pick a tree and know I will be pushing it to get to the height I want to be. With the adjustable aider I can really stretch the steps out and jack my foot up with the aider to get around 5 feet per step. With the knaider It seems like that’s a little more limited. Of course if your using 8 stepps with a strap on step platform it’s not a problem. My 8 stepps include the platform but that may change once I get a boat buckle. I’m really liking these ameristeps even on a ratchet.

Back