• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sad Day :(

Just_Hangin_N_GA

SH Member
My son called me this morning to let me know that someone was in the market for a Tree Lounge tree climber. Well, I have 2 and I just told him I needed to part ways with some items I don't use much anymore before purchasing new items for Camping and saddle hunting. I was excited at first for the opportunity to start clearing the clutter. I got the stands out and attached both to a couple side by side trees for a photo shoot. I sent the pictures to the guy and decided to climb in for a sit. As I sat back and relaxed a flood of memories came back of my son and I both using these climbers. Climbing with blankets or sleeping bags on the few really cold days we get here in Georgia, oh yeah and a pillow just in case a nap attack happened. We took a few deer from these tanks and I am sure many more slipped by us during those very predictable naps. I called my son as I sat there and talked a bit and as we hung up I secretly hoped that the guy changes his mind. My mind wondered about maybe hunting beside my grandson or Granddaughter out of these two dinosaurs and just smiled as I stepped down for what could be my last sit with my old pals. Just thought I would share the crazy thoughts of an old man. Well better get back to the yard work... and maybe after a few hours of work I can climb back in for one last nap in my trusty Tree Lounge.

Maybe don’t sell the sentimental stuff and sell other things you don’t care as much about. To me something that has meaning like that is worth a lot more than the newest sexy trendy gizmo, even if it doesn’t fit what’s in vogue right now.

As a really old guy, I advise getting rid of everything you don't use. Keep the memories and avoid making your kids clearing up all of your excess in the future. I pass my old ones on to the boys or grandchildren so they can make more memories.:)
That is great advice. I do like sharing and passing things on but sometimes growing up with little extras causes me to want to hang onto things longer than I too. But just expressing that now, I see and know how silly that is. Your right memories are better than things any day. And so true about not leaving junk for someone else to deal with.... Thanks for the reality check. Now, I hope he decides to buy them.... well after the nap of course

Maybe don’t sell the sentimental stuff and sell other things you don’t care as much about. To me something that has meaning like that is worth a lot more than the newest sexy trendy gizmo, even if it doesn’t fit what’s in vogue right now.
Wait a minute @ Still Kicking just gave me peace about selling them now here you go playing on my sentimental side... so much for the nap. Lol

Seems like a happy day to be reminded of those memories to me! But I get it, I get sentimental about some of my kids stuff and they're still in single digits.
Getting sentimental over kids is a sure sign you are a great dad. I know everyone has told you this but why not one more time. Spend as much time as you can making those memories because those single digits soon become double digits and then they are married with grand children running around.

I've got two Summit climbers that I hunted out of for 20 years. I haven't hunted out of them for 6 years now but I still can't bring myself to part with them.
I still remember how effective they were but I'm also reminded how much better my saddle setup is a couple of times a year when I have to haul one in for my daughter to sit in. I can't believe I lugged those around for 20 years.:tearsofjoy:

I have one of those Summit climbers as well. Last used 2017. I used that thing all the time. I should just give it away because the shear thought of hauling that thing around brings back pain. Was damn comfortable to sit in though!

I still have my two summit climbers as well. They were, at the time, and in their day, a game changer!! I always thought about getting a tree lounge but never pulled the trigger as the summits got in the way. Lazy Boy in a Tree.
Formerly in the no shame thread, I bought a summit climber the year before last and I love that thing. Especially with better backpack straps. I don’t use it everywhere but when I do I thoroughly look forward to it. Sooo comfortable. Maybe it’s the bar in front but it’s the most safe I’ve ever felt in a tree too outside of the saddle.

I still have a Summit RXS Hawk bracket hang-on and a Summit Openshot climber that IDK when I'll use again, but I can't seem to let go... Just like I have 5-gallon buckets of good screw-in tree-steps, haul lines, EZ Hangers, safety harnesses, Life Lines, etc.

A tree lounger was my first climber. Those things are heavy, bulky, a pain to set up but there is no better stand to take a nap in. Mine also has the platform to stand on, which could feel sketchy at times. I havent used that stand in 15 years. I got it from my pops and would never dream of letting it go. I will pass it down to my kids, so they too can take awesome naps in the woods lol.

A tree lounger was my first climber. Those things are heavy, bulky, a pain to set up but there is no better stand to take a nap in. Mine also has the platform to stand on, which could feel sketchy at times. I havent used that stand in 15 years. I got it from my pops and would never dream of letting it go. I will pass it down to my kids, so they too can take awesome naps in the woods lol.
Thanks for confirming that there are still a few of us that remember the pain of lugging these tanks in the woods but the shear delight in the comfort.... that is definitely needed after all the work to get it there. Just need to pass down the VCR so they can enjoy the how to video.

I loved the Summit Cobra (I think that's what it was), had the old style aluminum tabs. So easy to adjust in the tree which of course should never be attempted by anyone under any circumstances :D
You mean I wasnt supposed to adjust the platform on my old API 2/3 of the way up the tree? At least I didnt wear a full body harness that could have lead to suspension trama.

Thanks for confirming that there are still a few of us that remember the pain of lugging these tanks in the woods but the shear delight in the comfort.... that is definitely needed after all the work to get it there. Just need to pass down the VCR so they can enjoy the how to video.
The ones with Roger Raglin right? Before he broke off on his own? Wasn’t there another guy before Roger too?

Back