• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle cleaning & Drywash

Silvio

Well we are less then 30 days out from the opener and cleaning/washing your saddle should be a priority. Currently I use two saddles during the season and a day pack - I start out by soaking both saddles & day pack in our laundry tub in cold water and non scented soap. I’m really more concerned with my back-pack because I usually work up a sweat on my walk in’s which are seldom short distances. Anyway a couple of yrs ago I bought a small throw in your bag ozone
Killer and have used that entirely to deodorize my my close but I also started using it under my shirt to kill the sweat molecules on my sweaty back.
now one of my saddles is new and I only hunted out of it two times last yr but was amazing was how much dirt and sweat came off these 3 pieces of gear from a 6 hour soak. I then let the tub drain for about 10 minutes then filled the tub back up with cold water and them soak for about a half hour as a rinse. I then placed them in our washing machine and did a 15 minute spin cycle to get most of the water out. This morning when I got up I had them hanging in our laundry room and I couldn’t believe they were 95% dry so the final step is to throw them in my ozonics drywash bag to eliminate any odors040BAC7A-51F1-4DF4-B7C8-5D4CAA696131.jpeg
C92C4707-4B80-40C5-9FD0-FB0C13EB386A.jpeg

i liked this soap since it indicates it eliminated sweat odors. Alls I can say is get this done guys before the season begins

Last edited:
Back