• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Deer Drag

River Hunter

Just a quick tip (and maybe I'm just late to figuring this out), if you wrap your tether around a deer's neck, connect it to your bridge, and put your saddle across your chest you have a super comfortable deer drag.
And the ropeman helps adjust the distance between you and the deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

yep works pretty good. put the front legs and head in the loop
Hence sit drag

Last edited:
yes sir! The whole premise behind the sit drag was to sit, kill, drag Really cool well thought out concept!

That would actually mean I would have to kill a deer, to drag it! Maybe this weekend something legal will walk under me.:smile:

That would actually mean I would have to kill a deer, to drag it! Maybe this weekend something legal will walk under me.
It's coming. It'll happen. Stay the course.

And remember not to complain during the drag...yeah right!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice video!, Yup, I actually used my tether from my trophyline looped around a bears neck to drag it out yesterday. Made a loop on a bight to go over the shoulder with the excess-same concept-- worked great!

Back