• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle for bigger dude?

brett256

Hi from north Alabama, everybody.

I’m wanting to make the switch from treestand to saddle hunting this year. Curious if anyone has suggestions for which saddle I go with, since I’m on the bigger side (6’4”, 270). Thanks!

Check out the JX3 Hybrid. A LOT more back support and will easily handle your weight.

I'm about the same size and it fits me well once I learned how to adjust it correctly.

When you order, give John a call and let him know your size, he might be able to adjust it for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6'2" and 270. I am using a Phantom, sat in several and it was what I liked. My brother is 6'1" and 290 and he liked it. My wife is a S/M lady and she can adjust it down to being loose on her but she gets cold easily and layers up to fit the saddle and keep her warm.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I’m 6’1” 235-240 and I have the cruzr xc in size 3 and it’s a little big on me but super comfy, it has a lot of adjustment room left.

I would recommend the Cruzer XC or the new Cruzer Archon. You’ll get all kind of recommendations, so good luck. I’m 54, 6’3” and 240, had knee replacement and back surgery. So when I recommend comfort, it’s gonna be comfortable! I’ve been able to try the Tethrd Mantis and Phantom, the Aero hunter Flex and Merlin, Cruzer XC and just got the ARCHON. Not familiar with any of the others but the ladder 2 are very comfortable!

I say Cruzr XC size3 would be a good starting point

Roomy and comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruzr XC is the only saddle I have tried (5'11" / 250lbs) - very comfortable and I just purchased my own last weekend.

As a budget-friendly consideration I’d suggest Trophyline saddles. I bought an Ambush Lite and found it to be very spacious. I’m a medium size guy, and I’ve found sitting in the appropriate saddle size for my waist size even with heavy layers there is plenty of room and it holds very comfortably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back